Dog Treats: Meaty Delites
– 4 cups of West Coast Canine Life Premix
– 1/4 lb raw ground boneless meat or liver simmered in a cup of water then ground
– Filtered water (enough to make the dough moist enough to roll)
– Preheat oven to 275F.
– Whirl all the ingredients together in food processor or mixer
– Process until dough forms a large ball. Use a little more Premix if dough is sticky Or use
additional water if dough seems crumbly
– Turn out dough and knead lightly.
– Line two cookie sheets with parchment/baking paper for perfect non-stick cookies.
– Place dough in the centre of the sheet. Roll out thinly and evenly to about 1/4 inch thickness.
– With a sharp knife, score into bite size squares or small training treats.
– Bake one hour at 275F degrees. Cookies should feel hard and dry in the centre; if not give
them another 1/2 hour.
– Turn off oven and let cookies cool for several hours in the oven. When throughly cool and
dry, remove from baking sheet, break into pieces.
– Store in a container without a tight lid. Do Not Refrigerate.
Note: The more throughly dried out the biscuits are, the longer they will last.