This is our Famous Apple Spice Low Protein Cookies
- 4 cups of West Coast Canine Life
- 1 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- OR 1 cup Squash, Sweet Potato, or Zucchini
- OR 1/2 cup Applesauce and 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Filtered Water (enough to make the dough moist enough to roll)
- Pre-heat oven to 275F.
- Whirl all the ingredients together in a food processor or mixer.
- Process until dough forms a large ball. (Use a little more Premix if dough is sticky OR use additional water if dough seems crumbly.)
- Turn out dough and knead lightly.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment/baking paper for perfect non-stick cookies
- Place dough in the centre of the sheet. Roll out thinly and evenly to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- With a sharp knife, score into bite size squares or small training treats.
- Bake ONE hour at 275F degrees. Cookies should feel hard and dry in the centre; if not give them another ½ hour.
- Turn off oven and let cookies cool for several hours in the oven. When thoroughly cool and dry, remove from baking sheet, break into pieces.
- Store in a container without a tight fitting lid. Do NOT refrigerate.
NOTE: The more thoroughly dried out the biscuits are, the longer they will last.